Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Love Is The Only Key That Will Set Us Free...

Love Is The Only Key That Will Set Us All Free

This morning when I woke up, I found myself thinking on several things that I have witnessed over the past few days.  Somethings I saw more than others.  But, the issue that stuck in my heart the most, was the lack of love and compassion being displayed to one another.  It really saddens me when I see a person or an animal being mistreated for no apparent reason.  It seems everywhere I look, whether if it is on the news, social media, or out in the public; someone is being judged, slandered, disrespected, and ridiculed by futile thoughts of other people.  The things I hear the most is, what they've done, they are not suppose to be doing those things, and they're wrong for doing that.  We have no clue, as to why they did what they did, why they are doing it, or what kind of battle they maybe fighting.  I want to say to them, "Who are you, and what horse did you ride in on?"  What really slaps me across the face is that most of them, by observation, are claiming to be Christians.  If we continue to present ourselves to others in this type of way, then we are no different from the Pharisees and Sadducees that were against the teachings of Christ, who kept "Mosaic Laws", but had no love in their hearts.  When I thought about this, it made me think of the parable of "The Pharisee and the Tax Collector".  "And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."  (Luke 18:9-14 KJV).

As Christians, we all have had our "Used To's."  I "used to" go to the club every weekend, and cheat.  I "used to" lie and steal, I "used to" talk negatively about people, I "used to" drink, smoke, cuss, and the list goes on. But, when you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior your, "Used To's" were wiped away and you became a "New You!"  If we say we are a true Christian, then our lives, and our walks are to be like that of Christ.  "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are becoming new." (2 Corinthians 5:17).  Jesus came, loved, and died on the cross for all, not just a few, but for all.  Thank God for His unconditional love toward us that He sent His son to die for us.  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemned the world; but that the world through him might be saved." (John 3:16-17).  Love is the antidote, love is the key, and love is the cure.  The scripture says, "For God so Loved the world."  In our walk with Christ, Christians are to tell others about God's love, His grace, and His mercy.  We are to bring people to Christ.  Now, I like to go fishing, and have always enjoyed the relaxation of it.  Fishing is a favorite pastime, and hobby of mine.  Every time I go I would bait all the hooks, catch the fish, and then, take the fish home to clean them.  Well, it is just the same thing when we are telling others about the love of Christ.  You can not clean anything, that you haven't caught.  In this case, we are not to clean anyone, but simply share God's love.  Once Jesus has entered into their hearts, the Holy Spirit will do the cleaning.  That will cease any condemnation and judging that can hurt people, and turn them away.  We love, because God first loved us.  If we as Christians, are to be the light of the world, then through Jesus Christ we should show, and share the light of that love.  We are His vessels, and our bodies are the temples that house His spirit.  It is through the love we have within us that others can see the love of God.  "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all they mind.  This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Matthew 22:37-40).  Because...
(1 Corinthians 13:4-7)

So, as we travel along together in this world with hopes for the eternal, let us all love one another to the fullest.  Because, love can heal the hearts of the broken, it can strengthen the hearts of the weaken, and it can melt the hearts of the harden.  We should have patience, compassion, kindness, and sincerity with one another in a world that is ever changing to a God that never changes.  "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8).  Love is the only key that can set us all free.  "Love is the greatest thing that has ever came out of heaven, and it is the greatest thing that has ever went back."  

Jesus Christ is that love...

Have a blessed day dear friends...







                 



No comments:

Post a Comment